Monday, May 5, 2008

Performance Art

This week was not much for art making but I was doing a lot of performance art. I did two performances this week. One which you are familiar with was Living in a Terrorist State. The other was a performance or protest was against Censorship. This is a performance of what I or you stand as far as letting art be seen to the masses. This artwork that I took a stand on was a graffiti sculpture. It was put up with no ones permission. I loved this art just for that fact; it was already rebelling against what is supposed to happen. The artwork also had some dildos and a pocket pussy put together and put on an erect pedestal. It had no title but spoke many messages. This piece was asked to be censored because people did not want there family or friends to see this artwork due to an art show that was held in close proximity to it. I know that everyone has there limits but this is an art institution and if you don’t like art or art that is controversial then you should probable look for a new career or reconsider what art is about. Art is a Voice whether it’s your voice or someone else’s voice it should never be silenced!!! It should always be heard!!! Any whey I did this performance and I chained myself to the artwork for 8 hours. I wanted to go longer but my body would not let me. Maybe with some better planning I can do the next performance a lot longer. After the 8 hours the whole performance and artwork was taken down and the art had ended. I was happy how the artwork and performance went but I made a lot of enemies and also gained a lot of supporters. I don’t ask anyone to agree with what I do but if I made you think then I’ve done my job as an artist. As always thanks for your ongoing support of the art revolution and remember to check out my website. WWW.AARONKENT.ORG

pict of 8 hour performance that Arthole help out in!!!! Thanks Arthole!!!!

No comments: