Sunday, October 19, 2008

Working in Studio


This week has been studio, studio, studio, for me. I basically have been working on three projects. Two sculptures are plaster and one sculpture is bronze. Let’s start out in that I built a pedestal for the bronze sculpture. It should look really cool because I’m going to plant around the bronze sculpture in the pedestal. Yes I’m crazy but I recessed the base down a bit in the pedestal to put plants in it and then put the bronze sculpture on top of the plants. I’m really excited about this idea but I still have a lot of work to do to it. I still have to paint it and seal it from nature but it’s getting there. So I’ve also been working on these two plaster sculptures. Both measure about 48 x 30 so there a little on the big size. One is almost all glued together and the other needs a lot of work. I still have to chase all the seams around the plaster bones and start gluing it together. It looks together in the picture but that’s just because I was figuring out the shape. Now I have to disassemble and recreate it again. I’m really like working in the plaster and probably will keep on doing plaster casting to keep more sculpture being produced out of my studio. As always thanks for your ongoing support of the art revolution and remember to check out my website. http://www.aaronkent.org/

No comments: