Sunday, September 28, 2008

Working in Studio


This week I would like to start out with a BIG THANK YOU To all the people who read my blog and support the art revolution. I had a number of people come up to and talk about my artwork referencing my blog. I was very touched and just wanted to say Thanks again for you support. It’s your motivation that keeps my motivation so high. Well this week is still a lot of wax and plaster casting in the studio. Zack has been casting plaster bones all week and I’m sure he is sick of plaster but he’s a trooper and keeps casting plaster bone for these two plaster sculptures were working on. I’m doing a little experimenting on adhesives on plaster cast bones. I’ve started connecting the bones with glue and might move to epoxy depending on how these experiments work out. Also been casting wax bones and getting them ready for the foundry. I’ll have a ton of bones to dip and get ready for dipping into slurry and developing the ceramic shell for pouring bronze into. Also on another note I’m still working in the metal shop doing cleaning, sanding, and welding. Hope to have two sculptures done soon and be ready for display in galleries. Other then that things are busy in the studio and will keep pushing along on sculpture.
As always thanks for your ongoing support of the art revolution and remember to check out my website. WWW.AARONKENT.ORG

No comments: