Sunday, September 21, 2008

Working in Studio

Were do I start it’s been three weeks and a lot has happened so I’ll try to catch you up to everything that’s going on. Let’s first start with I Got some artwork in the Addington Gallery in Chicago. This is really big for me and one more step to getting my artwork out of Cincinnati and on to other clients. I still have a lot of business work to do as far as getting my artwork out there and letting Galleries and museums know I exist. So that’s the first big news second is I got asked by Xavier University and Kelly Phelps to give a talk to some students about my artwork. The dates have not been set but I’m really excited about this. It gives me a lot of motivation to know people are paying attention to what I’m doing and are interested in my artwork. I can’t wait to meet a bunch of new artist and get and idea of what they think about art as well as talk about mine. Needless to say I’m pumped about it. Last bit of big news before I get onto what’s going on in the studio. I did get a studio assistant to help out!!!! This is really big because I’m getting an enormous amount of work done. Zack (studio assistant) is awesome!!!! So here what’s going on in the studio. First yes I did get started on doing metal work on the bones sculpture. I’ve been doing cleaning, metal fabricating, welding and bead blasting for the past couple of weeks. I’ve got one sculpture welded together and blasted. Now all it need is a quick sanding and then it will be ready for the patina process. I also have 3 other bone sculptures waiting for there turn. Since I have an assistant now I can get to them a lot quicker now and might have them done in October. Well see what happens. Now a lot of metal work has been happening. Zack has been casting massive plaster bones. We’re working on two plaster bone sculptures that are not small in size and might be a pain in the butt as far as putting them together. But for now we’re pushing it along and the casting are turning out really nice. Other then that I have an art show coming up Oct. 10th. This show should be a nice show because my friend Daniel Brown is putting on this show of underground artwork. Imagine that I’m in an underground show LOL. As always thanks for your ongoing support of the art revolution and remember to check out my website. WWW.AARONKENT.ORG

No comments: