Sunday, April 20, 2008

working in studio

Welcome to the art revolution and thank you for all your support. This week has been very busy in my studio for bronze sculpture. I’ve also been very busy with these recoding drawings and also doing the Waste project. I’m also getting ready for this Synthetica show the 27th and also getting ready for this show in NY May 9th. So needless to say I’ve been very busy in the art world. Let’s start off with the bronze and wax work. I’ve still been in my studio casting a lot of wax bones for my bronze sculptures. I’ve got about half way done with the bigger of the three sculptures and still casting quite a bit for the smaller sculptures as well. When I get all the elements cast for the bigger bone sculptures I will start to gate them and start taking them down to the foundry for the next step in bronze casting. I’m still working on the little ones. Some parts are down in the foundry and some are still being caste out of wax. Soon I hope to start pouring some in bronze and getting some metal work started. On another note I did get a bone sculpture finished. I finally finished the welding on it and started to give it its color to finish the sculpture. The color is a deep burgundy black and covered in a thin clear wax to protect it from oxidizing anymore or changing colors. Just the air can keep the metal and the chemical reacting over time and even the wax is no guarantee that it will stop changing color but it does help. So there you have it another beautiful sculpture created for your eyes. I think the color turned out really rich and deep and I really like the assemblage of the bones in this piece as well. Look forward to having it in a show at Malton Gallery sometime soon. So other then working in the bronze world I’ve also been drawing quite a bit. I’m still working on the 48x48 drawing and have started another newspaper drawing. So far it’s just collage and ripped newspaper but it’s in the works and that’s all that matters. I’m also working on these recordings drawings. I did get you some pictures this week of what’s going on with those drawing. I’m working on them quite a bit because they interest me quite a bit. I’m still playing around with them but there really turning out really nice. Finally I’m still working on this waste project2 and I have to say sorry I don’t have any pictures for this week on the waste project2 but I will have some for you next week for sure. As always thanks for your ongoing support and remember to check out my website. WWW.AARONKENT.ORG

No comments: