Sunday, April 27, 2008

Arthole marches in INDY Robot style!!!!!!

Well we will start off with what I and arthole were up to this weekend. We built a bunch of robots and marched in a parade. Yep the AK-47 was a robot marching in an art parade. Below is some snip it’s of what we were involved in.

Art As Parades and Street Pageantry
The first exhibition of contemporary art exploring parades and street pageantry will premiere at the Indianapolis Museum of Art in May. On Procession will draw upon themes of ritual, propaganda and civic celebration, and survey issues of history, identity, and public visibility, according to the IMA. The exhibition will feature videos, sculpture, installations, costumes, banners, and parade artifacts and ephemera. In conjunction with the exhibition, the IMA is organizing a downtown art parade on 26 April, and will debut new works by Smith and Haeg as part of the parade. On Procession will be on view at the IMA from 2 May through 10 August.

THE MARATHON AUTOMATON by Arthole from Cincinnati, OH 45220
Cincinnati performance group Arthole will process down the parade route dressed as robots, using humor and entertainment to encourage thought about technology and its place in our society.

I have to apologize since I was in the parade I don’t have many pictures but I am working on it. They will be really cool plus I can’t wait to see them. Also on another note I will be doing a performance today of Living in a Terrorist State at Synthetica gallery. Hope to have some pictures of that performance for you next week as well but have a few pictures of what the show looks like. I will also have a secret performance on Monday which I will post in my next blog. Other then doing mad performances this week I also have been doing the waste project and getting some drawing in. I got another recording drawing done and started another one. I’m also working on the newspaper drawing. I’m doing a lot of ripping and collage work and now editing the text. I’ve probably put about 12 hours of drawing in on this artwork just for this week. I think it will be a really nice drawing when it is done. As always thanks for your ongoing support of the art revolution and remember to check out my website. WWW.AARONKENT.ORG

If you want to see pictures of this blog I would go to this link.
http://blog.myspace.com/31541608

No comments: