Sunday, July 27, 2008

working in studio

Well this week hasn’t been much different then last week. I basically have been doing all the work on getting these four bronzes colored and planted. I put a couple of variations of burgundy red onto the bones and then took them over to City Roots were they planted some plants into the glass elements. I have to say they look really nice. The plant element really pulls the artwork together. I think these are some really awesome sculpture. This sculpture is subtle for me and my artwork but still on the cutting edge of the art world. This work deals with life and death and the overwhelming question what’s after death if anything but eternal sleep. My fascination with death and bones is a huge influence in my artwork. If you a fan of the Art Revolution you probably already know this but thought I would mention it again for all you new readers. Other then sculpting in death I’m silk-screening skulls as well. I’ve been in a screen studio and been printing my butt off. Been having fun printing skulls on newspaper and various other things. I also started to build a silk-screen table in my studio. So I can keep on printing after this studio wares out. As always thanks for your ongoing support of the art revolution and remember to check out my website. http://www.aaronkent.org/


No comments: